PMTL owns extensive facilities and equipment to carry out research on aerosol and air quality, combustion, and chemical analysis. Missouri S&T also has a wide range of instrument and facilities to carry out material characterizations.
Facilities at PMTL
- High Resolution Sub-3 nm Particle Sizer (< 3 nm), SEADM Inc. + homebuilt parts
- Scanning Mobility Particle Sizer (3 nm to 600 nm), Model 3938, TSI Inc.
- Aerodynamic Particle Sizer (500 nm to 20 μm), Model 3321, TSI Inc.
- Laser Aerosol spectrometer (250 nm to 32 μm), Model 11-C, Grimm Inc.
- Differential Mobility Analyzers (DMA)
- High Resolution DMA (Classify particles between 1 and 3 nm), SEADM Inc.
- Nano DMA (Classify particles between 3 and 180 nm), Model 3085, TSI Inc.
- Long DMA (Classify particles between 10 and 600 nm), Model 3081, TSI Inc.
- Condensation Particle Counters (CPC)
- Ultrafine CPC (measures particles above 3 nm), Model 3025A, TSI Inc.
- Standard CPC (measures particles above 10 nm), Model 3750, TSI Inc.
- Aerosol Electrometer, Model 3068A, TSI Inc.
- Liquid Spot Sampler, 110A, Aerosol Devices Inc.
- Viable Andersen Cascade Impactors
- Sioutas Cascade Impactor, SKC Inc.
- Aerosol Diffusion Dryer, homebuilt
- Constant Output Atomizer, Model 3076, TSI Inc.
- 6 Jet Refillable Collison Nebulizer, CH Technologies Inc.
- SidePak Personal Aerosol Monitor, Model AM510, TSI Inc.
- P-Trak Ultrafine Particle Counter, Model 8525, TSI Inc.
- BioSampler and pumps, SKC Inc.
- Low-cost Particulate Matter Sensors
- Premixed-flat Flame Burner
- Premixed conical Flame Burner
- Co-flow Diffusion Flame Burner
- Flame Spray Pyrolysis Burner
- Diagnostic Equipment for Temperature and Flow Measurements
GENERAL LABORATORY EQUIPMENT
- Walk-in Environmental Chamber (3 m X 3 m X 2.5 m, American Panel)
- Balances (Mettler analytic balance, Microbalance)
- Humidity Controlled Microbalance Facility
- Matheson 8016 Leak Detector
- Miscellaneous Pumps
- Mass Flow Controllers, Pneucleus Inc.
- Bubble Flow Meter in the Range from 3 sccm to 50 slpm, Gilibrator-2, Sensidyne Inc.
Facilities at Missouri S&T
Center for Research in Energy and Environment
Center for Biomedical Research
Materials Research Center